Tuesday 29 September 2020

Building a Xylophone

 Activity - Build a Xylophone


Today my activity was to build my very own Xylophone.

A Xylophone is a musical instrument that is built out of wood. The instrument plays when a person is stroking the keys of the instrument with a stick figured object. 


       Materials:

  1. Glass or jug

  2. Water

  3. Pencil

  4. 5 x A4 paper

  5. Tape 

  6. Scissors 


How to make a Xylophone:



Final product





After making my Xylophone I tested it out and was a big success, the paper Xylophone was making different sounds.

This experiment wasn't too hard to make but took a long time due to the huge amount of retakes on the making of the clip. I really enjoyed making the paper Xylophone and was really surprised at how it came out. 

2 comments:

  1. Great outcome Richie, I could hear the different pitch as you tapped the rolls. I thought the jump from one roll to all the rolls was an effective use of editing too.

    malo 'aupito
    Mrs Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richie,
    Amazing work - I could really hear the difference in the pitch of the sound from your xylophone. Great engineering skills in building it!
    From Nanogirl

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.