Thursday 27 August 2020

Writing - Vile Prompt

 Vile prompt


As my brother Vile ran from the house screaming for help, dad was chasing him with the salu (Samoan Broom) in his lavalava. 

I yelled “Just face your consequences like the gangster you think you are Vile”. 

Vile took a quick glance at me and yelled “NEVER” then bolted down the street like the flash as dad was screaming,

“I will KEEL YOU”. 

Vile didn’t come home that week.  


The next week, Vile knew dad was out at work so he came back to the house looking for some food. Mum got him inside and warmed up some leftovers. 

“Vile”, mum said “What have you done? Your dad is so angry with you”. 

As Vile was about to speak, he heard the sound of dad’s car pulling up in the driveway. He was home early. I quickly ran Vile up into my room and shut the door.


As dad entered the house I could hear him talking in Samoan to my mum. He was saying something about work being cancelled. He was then passing my room to go and take a shower. I never heard him coming past my room because I was trying to get Vile out the window. As he was about to climb out the window, dad stormed into the room and was shocked to see Vile. 


Dad then grabbed Vile by his ears and dragged him into the living room. Vile was screaming for help and was begging for mercy, but dad didn’t care. Vile was sat down and given a hiding for at least an hour. During the hour, we got at least two noise complaints. After one long excruciating hour, Vile walked out of the room alive but had bruises and belt marks on his body.


Vile then went to his room and was crying. I wanted to go cheer him up but I thought it would be too much for him right now. A couple of hours later it was dinner time and Vile had stopped crying. When he sat down at the dinner table he apologised to dad and said it would never happen again. Dad then took his eyes off his food, laid them on Vile and said, 

“It better not happen again boy, because if it does, I will KEEL YOU”. 


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Richie this is Arli from Grey Main school. I enjoyed this short story it's very unique i've never heard people write such a unusual topic its very descriptive and also has information in it also lots of punctuation.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.