Tuesday 31 December 2019

SLJ - Week Three Day Two - Activity 1: Through Careful Observation


The image I have chosen is image 2. I chose image 2 cause it looks cool. 


THINGS I SEE


The flooring straight down the middle looks like a chessboard and it looks to be little
chess pieces down below. I also see little tiny boats or wakas in the river and I also
see some white birds in the dark area and some blackbirds in the light area.
To me, it looks like a symbol of when it’s night and when it’s morning.
The last thing that really pops out is the white birds in the dark area,
that’s one of my favorite things in this image. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Richie!

    Congrats on completing another Summer Learning Journey Activity! I really like how you described with details about what you see in Image 2! I also see alot of houses so the image could be about living in or close a farm? what are some other things you can think about?

    Keep up the great work!

    Siosaia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Richie,

    I really like your observations! I agree - there is definitely a similarity between the image looking like a chess board and also night and day. I really enjoy this image! Do you do art in school Ida? Also - something for you to consider doing as a subject is Art History. I studied Art History in high school, and you look at some of the most magical and breathtaking pieces of art, like this one!

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Richie,
    I liked how you said that the floor of the painting looks like a chessboard, and the things on it are the pieces. I also liked how you said that the white and black birds being on opposite sides makes the artwork pop. Do you play chess?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.